it’s okay eureka, we all have our moments
Current Talksprite Styles
With the exception of Ros’ Eureka, the talksprites here already have a companion set. Those are planned for Holland/Talho’s route and Anemone/Dominic’s route respectively. However, these are what we’d call the demo “prototypes” so depending on artist availability/team choices, we may see changes in the art style by the end of development.
As of July 27, any original members who have not indicated interest in continuing the project will be assumed dropped until further notice. You may still rejoin, but keep in mind your priority spots will be considered open for any prospective members.That means if you were a lead artist/writer/etc for X and someone else expresses interest, they may become the new lead artist/writer/etc.
Order of Business
1. There will be no general meeting the week of 7/28/2014. Instead, all writers and artists on the same team should talk about where they are in relation to demo development and what they still need to do. All new team members should be filled in.
2. Teams should decide which artist will get talksprite design or background if multiple artists. After the demo, we will try to pick one artist only for talksprites per route. That means one artist should be responsible for every talksprite in both sides of the route (ie. Eureka/Renton).This is for consistency; everything looks more unified when each route has a distinct style. If your artist has left or two were previously responsible for talksprites, try to work out if a new artist is needed and whether or not new talksprites should be used.
3. Backgrounds don’t need to be as strict, but it might be a good idea to get the same person who does talksprites to do CG if possible. Normal backgrounds are for anyone who wants to do them.
4. Writers, write! Don’t forget your cues, and remember, we’re just doing one side of the route for the demo, not both POV. But keep in mind it might be easier to get ahead when you have extra time so you won’t feel too pressured later.
We will be meeting in the next couple of weeks, so at the very least, come organized! See you all soon!
Important, please spread the word!
As of July 2014, the Eureka seVN project is officially off hiatus!
Due to the long hiatus, I’m sure there are a lot of members who no longer remember or remain motivated to continue working on the project (which is really saaaaaad but it can’t be helped, rl > vn). As a result, this week is going to be a bit bureaucratic.
First off, any original members who are still game to work on the project need to contact me in the next few days. I will then add you to the current list of members and start reorganizing our teams. Please keep in mind that we really need commitment if we want to go forth with the project and it’s not fair to those who finish their work on time when one of us goes AWOL or is unable to help. Of course, there are good reasons to have to drop the project (school, private problems, etc), but please don’t sign up unless you are fairly confident you can put in at least a few hours of work a week.
Secondly, if you were not previously involved with the project but are interested in joining, feel free to enter a submission to this blog as a mini-application. All you need to do is submit your user name and how we can reach you (tumblr, email, etc), note which position you are interested in, and submit a small sample of whatever you want to contribute for us to take a look. The following positions are potentially open:
- Writer: Submit a small sample of dialogue with a bit of narration about anything at all.
- [Ex: The house was cold and empty. A few minutes ago, Sarah and Joseph had knocked nervously on the door, only to find it unlocked. Without any other means of shelter nearby, they convinced themselves that staying inside, away from the rain, was better than nothing. Still, they didn’t like it inside.
Sarah: There’s something strange about this place. (shivers)
Joseph: I know what you mean, it’s the sort of house you see in
a horror film. ]
It does not have to be Eureka Seven related or long. Be creative. Write at least one small dialog and one paragraph of quick narration (no deep context needed). Keep in mind this will play like a game, so write it like one!
- Artist: Submit a piece of artwork in an anime style. The subject doesn’t have to be Eureka Seven and it doesn’t have to be a big project. A sketch is fine too, but more detailed work will probably help us figure out if we’d like you to join. Please note if you prefer drawing backgrounds, scenes or talksprites.
- Sound Designer: This is a slightly less open position since we have a couple who have already contributed a great deal, but in case you think you can help out and we need it, I encourage you to submit a small clip of something you’ve composed. It can be thirty seconds or more. Keep in mind, we need video game bg music as much as great tracks!
Finally, I will no longer be using the tumblr limitofquestions to announce meetings and organize. All members and interested individuals should follow this blog at http://seven-swell-studios.tumblr.com/ for further information.
Hope to see you all soon!
*Credit to deep—-bleu for his lovely artwork and efter for her mad editing skills. *cough*alsoEka’sincharge*cough*
ATTENTION GUYS! IMPORTANT!
Reblogging for reminder